Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Real Parties: Pancakes & Pajamas for Ella





So, this is the little girl that started the craze for the Pancakes and Pajamas invitation! Ella's mom, Kellie, contacted me just as Libby Lane Press opened our doors at the beginning of June and said she needed a fun party theme for her daughter's 5th birthday. This had my wheels turning.  After doing a little research and blog-jumping I saw what I thought was the ideal theme for Ella. Who doesn't love breakfast OR wearing pj's to a party? Next, was the invitation design. I saw a few ideas out there but nothing really jumped out and then I was inspired by a pair of bunny slippers. Ella's only request was that we incorporate peace signs on her invitation, hence the peace sign pajama pants. We coordinated the invitation with the pink and brown color palette and wha-laa-- we did it! Ella loved her invitation, I loved the outcome and the pictures truly show that life is better in pajamas..

Thanks for sharing your party and Happy 5th Birthday Ella!

Make your own fruity necklace


Aprons doubled as party favors (with Libby Lane Press favor tags!)

face/hand painting
Make your own apron










No comments:

Post a Comment